Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

freakin' out

Friday we got great news! My blood test revealed that my numbers went up to 246! We were very excited! I go back again on Friday to make sure that all is still well. I am so effin' nervous I don't know what to do with myself. Again, One minute I am wicked confident, the next I am wicked nervous! I don't even know what to do. I know that I have to keep thinking positive, but because everything is so different I don't know what or how to feel.

The wedding was nice, very small. We didn't know anyone but of course hubby's parents and and the bride and groom. Our niece and nephew were there, but that was more like babysitting. It was held at the groom's parents house. Their house was amazing. It was on a hill on a lake. They had a dock, a pontoon boat, and a gorgeous view! It poured while we were driving over, but the sun then made an appearance and stayed for the rest of the evening. It made for a nice evening. I decided that I would drink something in a cup not a beer. Which I guess in itself is kinda weird, but not really when there is free alcohol. My MIL was quite curious as to what I was drinking. She asked, Are you drinking a beer in a cup with a straw?. I thought that was a dumb question until I realized that she was asking because she wanted to know if I was drinking something alcoholic. That was her clever way of finding out if I was pregnant or not. I was annoyed. I gave hubby a look and said, No, there's alcohol over there, no need for beer in a cup.

Since we didn't know anyone we pretty much just stood around for awhile. They thought that it would be fun for the parents and the bride and groom to go around the lake in the pontoon boat. Well they were gone for like an hour. Kinda bored. I'm sure that it was nice for them though. I just thought that it was difficult when no one knew each other and the wedding guests consisted of like 12 people. The bride and grrom of course were the only ones that knew everyone, so they weren't available for introductions. Since hubby drank both of our glasses of champagne he was ready to talk to people. Made the night a little more socialable.

When they got back, MIL became a little more bold and decided to ask exactly what I was drinking and took my drink and tried to drink it. I was in the middle of a conversation with hubby and the groom about our trip to the football hall of fame and just gaped in awe. I couldn't believe that she would do that. I grabbed it from her and told her that it was a vodka and tonic. I was like are you freaking kidding me?! What the hell are you doing? She's like I want to know what you are drinking. I just shook my head. I didn't know what to say. I was livid! She's like, oh vodka and tonic, that's too much for me. I was like yeah, that's why it's MY drink!
I couldn't get over it. I was pissed for the rest of the night. Hubby didn't even see it happen. But he understood why I was upset. I tried so hard to just ignore it. I mean, she deserves to know, but she deserves to know when I tell her. The bride does not deserve to have her weekend taken away by our joy. I tried to forget it, but it really pissed me off. I'm still annoyed by it. I want to tell her, but I don't want her to butt her way into my business. I will tell her when I am ready and that's that.

The drive was long, we did it in four days. Two days there, two days back. The Football Hall of Fame was pretty awesome! Like hubby said, I think that it was much better since I have been a fan of quite a few teams in my life. It made for more interesting. The only really bad thing was it was the year after the Steelers and well, I pretty much can't stand them and their stupid quarterback (sorry J, but that was stupid). I've also been a fan of quite a few different players, so to see their sotries, shoes, jerseys, gloves, or whatever was cool! Even seeing all their bronzed heads. Realizing the years that they were entered into the hall of fame, stuff like that. It was just pretty awesome!

Glad to be home again.

Gotta go back to work today...SHIT! *sigh*

3 Comments:

Blogger Zenchick said...

I would have been SO MAD!
(and just for the record, not pregnant, rarely drink. So I might be at a party drinking Coke...)
{fingers still crosses}

1:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, it's friday. and i've been thinking tons of good thoughts for you guys!

did you get my email? i suck that i'm just getting around to your blog!

9:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe the nerve. I would have been pissed, too.

Congrats on big numbers. Grow baby, GROW!!

11:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home