Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Monday, July 10, 2006

transfer DONE!!

Ok, so I have missed a lot. I'm lazy, what else is new?
Monitoring started on about Monday the 26th, every other day of bloodwork and ultrasounds, fun.not. Then on about Wednesday the 28th I had to go in everyday. yeah, that was even more fun.

Retrieval was on Thursday July 6th. I was asleep for the whole thing, but afterwards, it's called pain. And, they expect to me to take tylenol for that kind of pain. That's just inhumane. I pretty much didn't move all day and sat around with a heating pad on. Pretty lazy, but nice to not have to work.

Friday, I was still in pain, but I managed to get out of the house and run a couple of errands. After walking around for awhile, I realized that I just wanted to go back home and sit on my couch.

Saturday, I felt much better and we took off for Quiet Waters Park to rent some kayaks. That was awesome! We got to check out the dog park without the dog drool. The dogs are pretty cool when they just jump off the platform into the water to retrieve their toys. It's cute! Then we got to check out some Osprey flying about, even saw three of them attacking a Great Blue Heron. We weren't sure why, but it was cool. We saw some horseshoe crab shells on the coast. And the most exciting we got to see a Belted Kingfisher!! I was so excited, ever since we got back from Australia, I love kingfishers! Kookaburras being the most gorgeous and vocal of them all. But to see one of their relatives in the states was amazing! Oh and the kayaking was fun too! I think that when we buy some kayaks we are leaning towards sit on tops. I had more control with this one.

Sunday, was the Transfer. That went well and quickly.
cute lil' story...When one of my favorite nurses was putting all the stuff away she found a ladybug. She brought it out to me and told me that it was a sign. Ladybugs are good luck, did you know it? I was quite excited, can you tell I'll take anything that I can get?! Plus, I love ladybugs, but my favorite bug is a lightening bug. We just never had them in California, so, they are so exciting to me!

Well, since hubby had to wait on me hand and foot on Sunday he was in the kitchen grabbing me some lunch or something. He yells to me, I got another sign for you. I was like, no way, another ladybug? He opens his hands and there is a lightening bug! I was ecstatic. I think the lightening bug flew in just to wish me luck! Now, hopefully there are two bugs snug in my uterus right about now! That would be perfect!

I know, I know, it's all so cheesy. I just will take whatever the hell I can get this time. I said Bring It On, didn't I?! Oh, you didn't realize I was going to 'lay it on'?! Get over it! ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard the same thing about ladybugs being good luck. Eeek! I've got goosebumps!

12:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home