Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

in the news

Jon stewart was on Oprah and he wondered...
"The CNN crawl—let's face facts," he says. "They added a 24-hour ticker, yet it adds absolutely no insight. This literally happened when Uday and Qusay Hussein…had been killed. So you had these really grizzly images, and it was reporters going non-stop from Baghdad…and on the crawl underneath it, I kid you not, came across the sentence, 'Beyoncé no longer likes the word bootylicious.' And it was juxtaposed with these unbelievably grizzly images, and you just thought to yourself, 'Isn't the ticker guy watching CNN? What is he doing?'"
Jon Stewart is funny.
I gotta tell ya, I can't ever ignore the crawl. No matter what I'm watching. It has ruined quite a few football games for me too. It's like a car wreck that people rubber neck to see. I personally always ask the passenger to look and then grill them about the wreck, but that crawl I have to watch!

So, when I am at the gym, it's the only time that I get the news or get to see/read it. Bad, I know. Any way, Last night, I saw the story about Robert Davis, the man that was beaten in New Orleans by the police. I nearly started bawling. I just don't understand. So, I took a deep breathe and just I worked my arse off on the machine I was on. It just made me so mad. I don't even know the whole story. I read about it more this morning but, it just pissed me off even more. So, I stopped reading.

Of course, then I see an article about some Arkansas woman who just had her 16th child! Are you effin' kidding me?!! I can't even have one. I was even more depressed after that, so I stopped reading the news. I hate the news. I'm going back to my television and catch up on 'LOST'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home