Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Friday, July 01, 2005

wedding #2

Has it really been a week since my last post? Another wedding this weekend, this time we only have to travel to western Maryland, not too bad. I'm excited, this one is about two friends of ours making it official. They are an adorable couple and will be very happy together, I just know it. And this wedding will be a little different. It's on a farm in an old barnhouse, not the typical in a hotel or an average reception site with bad food and no adventure. I guess I should explain.

Hubby and I met back when we worked at a hotel and conference center, where we attended half a dozens weddings a week. Ok, so not quite "attended", more worked. The food sucked, they all seemed to be the same, dj playing the same songs, sometimes even the same dj, it got kinda sickening after awhile. Needless to say our wedding was different from that. We had it at a mansion, everything in one place, ceremony and reception. The ceremony was to be outside, weather did not permit, but in the tent with the flap open. We did have buffet, but they were stations with all kinds of yummy foods, yeah, I said yummy what about it? Nothing really special, just different from the whole hotel scene and I'm not shittin' on those who choose to have their weddings there, just saying it wasn't for us.

This one wasn't like ours, the food was eh, the booze was expired, and the dj played weird music in the beginning. All in all, we made ourselves have a good time. We got see a lot of family that we haven't seen in awhile, so that was nice. Hubby's family is Awesome! I love them all. Big family too, hence most of the weddings.

So, since this one should be a little different I am expecting to have a good time! Oh for those keeping track, you will be happy to know I had no dissappointments last weekend. No one announced that they were pregnant!!! HOORAY! I think I might of lost it, but no need, it's all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home