Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

too excited?

I was at work today and I was talking to a friend of mine. I was telling her about the acupuncture. She kinda freaked, maybe everyone freaks, but I thought it was funny. She said taking drugs daily or needles in the body. She'd rather the drugs every day. I told her, if only she had to go through the side effects that I have. Not that I would wish any of this on anyone.

Then I get a phone call, it's the "secretary" for the acupuncturist. She said "Uh, may I speak to lowercase k? I said "This is." Her "Oh, this is Mary from the acupuncturist's office and you have an appointment." I look at my watch, it's 3:30, the time of my appointment. I said "What? I thought that it was the 8th at 3:30.?" Basically, she explains to me that they only work half days on Wednesdays. I was pretty positive that when I set the appointment up she told me the 8th at 3:30, never gave me a day. She tells me again how the only work half days. So, finally I just apologize and ask when I can reschedule. I felt like a dumbass. I don't like missing appointments. Now, I have to wait another day for my long awaited acupuncture appointment. Kinda bummed, was I too excited?

On a happier note, Hubby took me to see Layer Cake tonight. We have this little theater, it's actually not that little, but it shows a lot of independent films. I love it. We go there often, sort of. The Charles Theater doesn't have all the big blockbuster flicks and that's what I like about it. If you live in the Baltimore area, you should check out! If you need any recommendations, just ask. Have you all heard of Layer Cake? If you have or haven't, look it up. If it sounds like something that you would enjoy, you must go see it. I heard about it when I was in Park City this last January for the Sundance Film Festival. I really wanted to see it but I was a little tied up with other things each time it was playing around me. Plus the snowstorm here in Baltimore left me arriving to Sundance a day late! UGH, damn snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home