Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

what are your plans for the weekend?

I know that it's a little soon for weekend plans but, today being my day off I am thinking about it. I'm not suppose to have weekends off from work. At least not every weekend. Lately, with the first of 5 weddings this summer/year we have a lot of events to attend. The weekend before last we attended my cousin's wedding. A very posh set of events (rehearsal dinner and actual wedding) all taking place in Washington D.C. It was fun, it was black tie, so we had to dress up quite a bit. I had to do a reading, which I thought would be fine, but I got wicked nervous right as I was about to get up and read. I got through it, a stutter or two, but everyone said I did a good job. So, I must of right?! We were suppose to go to the brunch the next day, but we didn't.

Last weekend we had, well, I had a Bridal Shower to attend, which was nice. My friend that's getting married here in Maryland, (the rest are all out of state) I am so happy for. She was hubby's coworker's girlfriend but she's become a very good friend. I was excited to be apart of her shower. Then we had a graduation party to attend. A friend of a friend turned into a good friend of my own. I was amazed, I don't think that I know as many people as were at this party. Granted she is one of four kids, her parents are much of the same, and many of the people were family, but still it was a lote of people. Everyone sooo happy for her! a lot of love and happiness. It was so much fun, that we missed a new friend's show. ooops.

Then we took off for our favorite local bar, Molly's, for Keyboard Man Karaoke. I thought that I would be able to sing, but I got nervous and couldn't do it. We were waiting for a friend of our's to show up, the one who's show we missed. She actually works there on Friday nights. I knew that if she was there she would make me get up there and sing, sometime I need a little coercion. It was a great time, I have never seen my local bar so packed, great for them too! The owner if made a comment to me about how upset I must be that this was the first time that I didn't have a seat waiting for me at the bar. I chuckled and said that I didn't mind as long as it wasn't a habit! Sunday was a day to chill and clean the house a bit. Good ole' Sunday stuff!

As for this weekend, that is if the weather holds out, is HonFest! We have a few local festivals through out the summer. It's really nice because we can just walk to them or walk home, sober or not. We try to hit each of them throughout the summer. Last year, I did miss the HampdenFest. And apparently (according to my hubby), I missed quite a few awesome bands and a good time. This year I vowed not to miss any, I guess that means a lot of weekends not working. (like I'm really that upset, I know my hubby loves it). Well, if you don't have any plans for Saturday come and join us at the festivities. I'll be there with beer in hand, be sure to say HI!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to know we're on your list of favorites. You know we got the air conditioning fixed. I hope to meet you soon.

8:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home