Just turned 33, like 5 hours ago, and figure, a blog is to get stuff out of your head. I should get back to this. Not what it use to be. New state. Same husband, but a New beginning. Wish me luck.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

herbs

I love my herb garden. Last year I had such good luck with a basil plant that I bought from Whole Foods that I felt like an expert. So, this year Hubby and I decided that we would go all out. Ya see one year we grew watermelon in our alley. Got two huge watermelons, the best you ever tasted are homegrown. The next year we had mad success with our basil, so, why not try out a few other herbs. This year, we did. We have parsley, basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary (x2), mint and our tomato plant. We are very excited, now, if we only recipes that used all of these herbs. *sigh*

We'll come up with something soon. They are all almost out of control. I will show pics as soon as I learn how to post pics. I love working in the graden though, it just brings me peace. I love to save my plants from the weeds. I just feel important. I also have a wildflower garden and in the front I've got a tulip and iris garden. The tulip and iris garden are where my ducks stay. Yeah, I have ducks. They are porcelin, but still they're ducks. My grandmother thought that they would look good in my yard, without even seeing my yard. But, she was right, they are awesome. Thanks Popo!! I also have a lily, hydrangea, nandina, hosta, sedum, hellborus garden. Ok, so the that one we had put in by landscapers, but still. It's a garden, I mean, I pick the weeds and the mushrooms and stuff. Had to go to work for an ungodly reason. I need some peace...maybe I'll go work in the garden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home